Small Group Ministry
Ballantyne Business Group
For those who work in the Ballantyne Area
Meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
12:15 p.m., South Mecklenburg Presbyterian Church
Enjoy fellowship with others who work in the area or from home.
David Huss will pick up subs for anyone who would like one.
For those in their 50s and 60s
Couples, singles, all are welcome!
Is your home a little too quiet now that your child is off to new pursuits?
Food For Thought
Join us the first Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in Room 206 in the Chapel Building. All are invited!
Questions? Contact Kathy Paquette, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FaBs (Forty and Beyonds)
For those in the 40s - approximately!
Don’t worry, we don’t check IDs. Events include adults-only nights and family parties.
Third Friday of Each Month
7:00 p.m., Various Restaurants
This group dines at international restaurants in the area once each month.
JOY (Just Older Youth)
A gathering of seniors
This active adults social group meets quarterly for a meal and a program with a seasonal theme.
Come see what we’re all about.
Ladies' Night Out
All ages are welcome!
This women's group meets quarterly in members' homes for fellowship and service projects.
Let's Do Lunch
All are welcome!
Join us for lunch at area restaurants on the second Monday of every month at 11:45 a.m.
Spring - Summer
We will field two men’s softball teams again this year. Practice begins in May on our own Lowe Softball Field and games will be on Monday & Friday nights (6:15 p.m. or 7:15 p.m.) in June, July, & August against other area churches in South Charlotte. Most games will be played on our field.
Questions? Contact Ron Stephany, email@example.com.
Rain or Shine Moms' Group
Meets Second and Fourth Thursdays of the Month
8:00 p.m., Room 206
This group meets on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays of the month for study.
September - November
Study: Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
If you're searching for a "tribe" to talk through motherhood, life, balance, and faith, this is it!
Please RSVP to Rebecca Guzman, Director of Spiritual Formation, rebecca@SMPChome.org.
Sewing, Knitting & Quilting
This ladies’ sewing, knitting and quilting group meets at the church in the Commons on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
SMPC Photography Group
All are welcome!
Interested in learning more about photography? This group is for you!! We will meet January 17, 24, and 31 at 6:30 p.m., Room 206, Chapel Building to try out new equipment we received for Christmas!
All skill levels are welcome; the goal is to learn and improve together. Fun photo shoots are planned!
Mid 20s to Mid 40s
Have one or more of the following happened to you?
- you took your child to the wrong birthday party
- you thought your big presentation for work was due next week, but oh wait, it is due tomorrow!
- you have aging parents that need your help and you have young children
- you want to volunteer more at church, but seemed to have lost touch with other members
- you fill uninformed and crave more conversation about the state of the world rather than relying on google and social media
- you feel guilty for not attending the church function, but you just worked 60 hours
- You are at a career crossroad, but not sure how to balance
The list can go on and on, but if this is your life...come join "The Village".!
As we work to schedule meaningful and manageable events, we will focus on:
- Service (Planning a volunteer/service project with one of our already planned ministries.)
- Social (With and W/O children)
- Wellness (Physical and Financial)
- Speakers/ Burning Topic discussion (Identifying key speakers and or topics of interest.)
Contact: Kara Guy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Y'all Come Eat!
An After-Church Lunch Group
First Sunday of Each Month
NEW! Join this new small group for lunch Sunday after worship.
It's a casual, Dutch-treat fellowship group that will go out to lunch after church. Meet up in the Parlor after worship to decide as a group where to eat. It's easy...and fun!
Questions? Contact Sally Jones, email@example.com.